Part I. Information Collection and Use
When you sign up to participate in or receive any Not Just Powder services, such as newsletters, competitions, live chats, message boards we may ask for personal information about you, such as your name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone, mobile number or date of birth. Different services or webpages may ask for different and/or additional personal information.
By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable Not Just Powder to provide you with the services you select.
Sometimes on Not Just Powder services (e.g. chat forums) you may volunteer additional personal information. This information may be sensitive personal information (e.g. your political opinions or criminal offences or health). It is your responsibility to safeguard your privacy when disclosing such information on such forums. Not Just Powder may use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
• For service administration purposes.
• To notify you of changes to our service.
• To measure interest in and use of the various areas of the Not Just Powder service, including hits on a webpage or online advertisement, and to share such information with advertisers.
• To contact you about a submission you have made to our services including our websites.
• To personalise or improve the way Not Just Powder content and advertising is presented to you online, including use of your IP address, and to place cookies for some of our website services (please see our Cookies section below).
• To manage our competitions and contact the winners and/or contestants.
• Where you have specifically consented to be contacted for these purposes, to send you direct marketing by telephone, post or email about Not Just Powder updates and programme launches.
• To enable other people or businesses to carry out work on our behalf and where you have given us your permission, to pass your information to organisations to allow them to contact you of offers, products and services that may be of interest to you.
• Where Not Just Powder proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will request your consent.
Part 2. Cookies
You should be aware that when you use our websites, mobile sites, or mobile apps, we may collect information by using ‘cookies’. In this notice a cookie is any technology or method we use to store and read information on your machine.
What are cookies and how do they work?
Cookies are small bits of text that are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Your browser sends these cookies back to the website every time you visit the site again, so it can recognise you and can then tailor what you see on the screen. You can find out more about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org
Cookies are an important part of the internet. They make using websites much smoother and affect lots of the useful features of websites. There are many different uses for cookies, but they fall into three main groups.
Cookies that are needed to provide the service you have asked for
Some cookies are essential so you can move around the website and use its features. Without these cookies, services you’d like to use can’t be provided, like viewing video for example. These cookies don’t gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you’ve been on the internet.
Improving your browsing experience
These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make, such as your language or region and they provide improved features.
Here are a few examples of just some of the ways that cookies are used to improve your experience on our websites:
• Remembering your preferences and settings, including marketing preferences.
• Remembering if you’ve filled in a survey, so you’re not asked to do it again.
• Remembering if you’ve been to the site before. If you are a first-time user, you might see different content to a regular user.
• Restricting the number of times you’re shown a particular advertisement. This is sometimes called ‘frequency capping’.
• Enabling social media components, like Facebook or Twitter.
• Showing ‘related article’ links that are relevant to the page you’re looking at.
We like to keep track of which pages and links are popular and which ones don’t get used as much to help us keep our sites relevant and up to date. It’s also very useful to be able to identify trends of how people navigate (find their way through) our sites and if they get ‘error messages’ from web pages. This information helps us to make our sites as user friendly as we can.
This group of cookies, often called ‘analytics cookies’ are used to gather this information. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies you. The information collected is anonymous and is grouped with the information from everyone else’s cookies. We can then see the overall patterns of usage rather than any one person’s activity. Analytics cookies only record activity on the site you are on and they are only used to improve how a website works.
Some of our websites and some of the emails you might get from us also contain small invisible images known as ‘web beacons’ or ‘tracking pixels’. These are used to count the number of times the page or email has been viewed and allows us to measure the effectiveness of our marketing and emails. These web beacons are anonymous and don’t contain or collect any information that identifies you.
We also use ‘affiliate’ cookies. Some of our web pages will contain promotional links to other companies’ sites. If you follow one of these links and then register with or buy something from that other site, a cookie is sometimes used to tell that other site that you came from one of our sites. That other site may then pay us a small amount for the successful referral. This works using a cookie.
Part 3. Storage, Access and Deletion of Information
Where you contribute to any Not Just Powder services, Not Just Powder will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted.
You may request that your information be deleted from our database by e-mailing us at email@example.com
Once you have notified us, we will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
Part 4. Non-disclosure to third parties
Unless we have your express consent, we will not disclose your personal information to third parties or use the information in any other way without your prior consent.
We will only use your information as set out in this policy and will not sell, rent or pass your information on to others for marketing purposes.
Part 5. Unsubscribe / Preferences
You can unsubscribe from email communications at any time by clicking on the UNSUBSCRIBE link, which can be found in all electronic communication
You can also contact Not Just Powder by writing to us at the address below.
Part 6. Updates
Part 7. How to contact Not Just Powder
102 Fulham Palace Road, London W6 9PL
Last updated March 2017